Hello and welcome back for another episode of the Testing Peers podcast!
In this episode, the Peers will be discussing coaching testing.
We take a look at coaching credentials outside of our work lives and then dive into defining what coaching is and what it isn’t.
Chris mentions a sketchnote made at TestBash 2017, in a coaching workshop with Toby Sinclair and Amy Phillips – read more here.
We explore the following the questions:
- do you need to have experience at the craft to coach it?
- who is responsible for coaching?
- does it always have to be a leader or manager that is the coach?
- is quality coaching the future in our craft?
The Peers then share ideas of where we can go to learn coaching skills and we share some tips.
Special shoutouts made to:
- Aspire Leadership
- Agile Coaching by Rachel Davies & Liz Sedley
- Unlocking Potential: 7 Coaching Skills That Transform Individuals, Teams, and Organizations by Michael K Simpson
- Barefoot Coaching
Side note – two of the Peers have recently moved into new houses and have had a few issues with their setups, we apologise for any audio issues that may have arisen in this episode.
Thank you for listening. Please do get in touch if you would like to know more or would like to give us feedback to help us improve and grow.
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/testingpeers)
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/testing-peers)
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/testingpeers/)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TestingPeers)
- We’re also now on GoodPods, check it out via the mobile app stores
- If you like what we do and are able to, please visit our Patreon to explore how you could support us going forwards: https://www.patreon.com/testingpeers
Saffron QA is a provider of recruitment and consultancy services, exclusively for the software testing industry.
We’ve found Ben from Saffron QA to be a great partner who has signed up to the vision and values that we have set out in our Testing Peers charter and we hope that you will take the time to visit and connect with him.