Welcome to another episode of the Testing Peers podcast, and this release falls almost three years after episode one. Thank you for joining us on this journey.
This week, regulars David and Chris are joined by Steve Watson and our first American, Tara Walton.
In Peers tradition, we kick off with some banter, and Tara gets the ball rolling by asking the group about our most recent board gaming experiences.
Steve then leads the discussion, asking what testers do, and how we frame it for different audiences.
As ever, the Peers are at the cutting edge of technological advances, and David engages ChatGPT
Software testers are responsible for ensuring that software applications or products are functioning as intended and meeting the needs of the end-users. Some of the key responsibilities of software testers include:
- Designing and developing test cases: Testers create and execute test cases to ensure that the software product is working as expected and meets the requirements of the user.
- Identifying defects: Testers detect and report defects or issues in the software to developers or stakeholders, helping to improve the quality of the software.
- Collaborating with developers: Testers work closely with developers to identify and resolve issues and to ensure that the software product is delivered on time.
- Analyzing test results: Testers analyze test results and provide feedback to the development team, including recommendations for improving the software product.
- Providing feedback to stakeholders: Testers communicate the status of testing and the quality of the software product to stakeholders, including project managers and business analysts.
- Ensuring compliance: Testers ensure that the software product complies with all relevant standards and regulations, such as accessibility and security requirements.
Overall, software testers play a critical role in ensuring the quality of software products and helping to deliver a better user experience
Our thanks to Tara and Steve for joining us this week.
We hope you found the discussion useful and would love to hear your feedback.
We’re also now on GoodPods, check it out via the mobile app stores
If you like what we do and are able to, please visit our Patreon to explore how you could support us going forwards: https://www.patreon.com/testingpeers
Saffron QA is a provider of recruitment and consultancy services, exclusively for the software testing industry.
You can find out more at https://saffronqa.co.uk/ or on LinkedIn