Thank you for joining us again. On this episode, we discuss our experience with onboarding new members to our teams. We spend time talking about the good and bad things that have happened and suggest ideas to make the onboarding processes as smooth as possible.
Before diving into the main topic, David asks us to think back to times we have onboarded to travel somewhere. The peers all mention different holidays they have been on.
With onboarding, the peers start by discussing the importance of giving the new starter a buddy or the manager clearing their calendar to ensure they are available for the first few days. We also mention the importance of not setting too much of an expectation for work to be completed in the first few weeks.
Everyone has different needs for their onboarding and it’s crucial we adapt as best as possible to give the new starter what they need.
The Peers share some of their own stories of onboarding experiences, both good and bad, showing the importance of getting off on the right foot when starting a new role.
I’m sure you all have your own stories of onboarding experiences, please feel free to share with us!
Thank you for listening. Please do get in touch if you would like to know more or would like to give us feedback to help us improve and grow.
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/testingpeers)
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/testing-peers)
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/testingpeers/)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TestingPeers)
- We’re also now on GoodPods, check it out via the mobile app stores
- If you like what we do and are able to, please visit our Patreon to explore how you could support us going forwards: https://www.patreon.com/testingpeers
Saffron QA is a provider of recruitment and consultancy services, exclusively for the software testing industry.
We’ve found Ben from Saffron QA to be a great partner who has signed up to the vision and values that we have set out in our Testing Peers charter and we hope that you will take the time to visit and connect with him.